Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Reminiscing

In light of my love for music, I'm starting a theme for the next 25 days. Everyday (excluding weekends) I will come up with a song that means something to me.

Day One: A Song From My Childhood

"How Do You Like Me Now?!" by Toby Keith


Believe it or not, but I used to be one of the BIGGEST country music fans (if you don't understand why, you must know, I was raised on a ranch. Around cowboys. Real ones. With horses, chaps, rodeo, and everything). That was before I was dragged into the dark abyss known as metal.

Toby Keith was always kind of a gag around our house when I was younger. We knew all his songs, and my little sister even knew "How Do You Like Me Now?!" before she knew her ABC's. It's one of those songs that comes on and I still know every word to.

For which I then get strange looks from fellow metalheads who are unaware of my colorful musical background.

Ah, country. Yeah, that brings back memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment