Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kind of Obvious, I Would Think

Day Nine: What is your interpretation of the last song you added to your iTunes?

"Rise Lazarus Rise" by Rufus Rex


Um, I find it as an interesting version of bringing the dead back to life, starting with this fellow Lazarus....

"38 Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone laid across the entrance. 39 “Take away the stone,” he said.

“But, Lord,” said Martha, the sister of the dead man, “by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days.”

40 Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”

41 So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”

43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” 44 The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.

Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” (John 11:38-44, New International Version)"

Not to mention that this song was released around Easter.

Woo! Dripping with religion!

JUST SAYIN'.

No comments:

Post a Comment