Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What What

Today's my birthday!!!

image 

Yeeeeaaaahhhh booooiiiii!!!! No longer a teenager and I still can't (legally) drink. Bummer...

I'm suppose to be getting some sort of surprise today, so all day I've been absolutely paranoid that a mariachi band would suddenly appear out of nowhere and start singing to me. I'm safely in my apartment now, but I'm not sure if that will help much...

In honor of this day with I claim as my own, I'm going to watch my favorite horror movie of all time: Session 9 (2001).


I'll admit, the movie is a bit confusing and a little slow for some people, but it's creepy all the same. It keeps you guessing until the end, or, at least, keeps you second guessing yourself even when you think you've already figured it out. I LOVE IT. It took me a watch or two to get over the fact that David Caruso of "CSI: Miami" is in it, but I've come to absolutely adore Session 9. To me, 'tis beautiful, especially the creepy voice over ending. Plus, I love, love, love asylum movies. Shutter Island? Yeah, I was all over that one. But that's another post for another time.

"The Wicked" by SPF1000. The first time I ever heard this song was a couple years ago. I had bought the album off of iTunes (sadly, the only place I could find it), and started listening to it that night. This song came on a little after midnight. I was by myself with the lights turned off and the rain coming down outside. I had to turn it off because I was starting to creep myself out. Yeah...

Promo pic from Universal's Halloween Horror Nights a couple years ago.




"And where do you live, Simon?"
"I live... in the weak... and the wounded... Doc."

No comments:

Post a Comment